25 Days of Dogmas: Part 2

Quite belated but my holidays were a shitshow this year. For sake of continuity, I figured I'd still post the last half of Dogmas photos I took. 

I went up to NJ on December 17 so a few more furry faces joined some of our pictures. We had five dogs in my parents' house - Zuzu, Franny, Penny, and my parents' Goldens, Phoebe and Phrankie. No, I didn't misspell that, Phrankie is really her name and I think it's hysterical. 

I'm not sure I'll feel like recapping the holidays, so let's just jump right into photos. 

December 13: 

These pictures are a lot of fun to take. Considering they're taken on my iPhone, I don't think they're too shabby but it makes me want a real camera. 

December 14: 

Her eyeballs kill me every time, she's so expressive. 

December 15: 

Dreaming of cookies. 

December 16: 

When my Grandpa was alive, I commissioned a drawing of Penny. Christmas was his most favorite time of the year, and he truly was Santa Clause in so many ways. I had her draw a Christmas sketch of Penny and he loved it and it was hung in his house until Grandma passed this spring and I brought it down here. It's a wonderful memory of him, made more special that it was drawn by a friend. 


December 17: 

We headed north and drove ten hours up to NJ on Friday the 17th! These girls make me so proud how well they travel. Penny always just looks grumpy but she is so so good and just snuggles up with the labs in the car and they snooze until we make a pit stop. Sheetz is the best stopping place and they're everywhere through VA - clean bathrooms, snacks, gas, and always a safe place to walk the dogs. It works out great! 


December 18: 

We all have that one friend - it's Zuzu. 

December 19: 

These dogs crack me up and are so good for photos. Phrankie is 18 months so has the attention span of a gnat but my three will sit all day so it's only her and sometimes Phoebe to wrangle. Zuzu and Franny are sporting my double Christmas sweater - one sweater with only two arms and two head holes. This picture doesn't do it justice, in person it was hysterical on them. 

December 20: 

This dog is so freaking pretty. My brother and I set up a "studio" downstairs with a Christmas blanket backdrop and had a lot of fun with the girls. He has a professional camera and edited these for me before I posted. 

Classic Susan.

She looks like a clown and I crack up every time I look at her face. Note she's sitting up with her paws in the air which is hard to tell at a glance - she was also barking at us.

December 21: 

I freaking love this Potato Fran. 

Her eyes. 

She's just so perfect.

December 22: 

Phoebe and Fran are BFFs and we caught them snuggling watching Hallmark movies one night, sleeping off the bottle of wine they shared. 

December 23: 

Phoebe HATES having her picture taken, she just never is happy until you put it down and are playing with her. My parents got the girls "Naughty" and "Nice" hats. Phoebe is definitely the nice one of the pair.

She's so gorgeous, I think she's the prettiest Golden my family has ever had.

Phrankie is super cute, looks very fox-like. Despite how different they look, Phrankie's mom is Phoebe's full sister. 

This picture sums up Phrank completely - the naughtiest of them all. 

December 24: 

A non-creative photo but they were so cute with their matching bandanas their Auntie Marissa got them! 

A double picture post on Christmas even! That morning was probably the highlight of my trip - I went to Marissa's house in Lambertville where we did brunch with Amy and walked along the canal. We walked past this and I couldn't pass up a photo op! A passerby stated that this was the best nativity scene he'd ever come across thanks to my labs. I'll take it! 


December 25: 

Christmas totally sucked, my mom started getting really sick, my dad slept all day, and my brother was QT'ing in his bedroom. I hung out with the dogs and read all day, which normally I love but I was pissed that Christmas sucked. Not a creative picture, but Zuzu is so cute curled up in these chairs. 

I set about wanting to celebrate my favorite season, and though I lacked motivation at the end, I think this project was worth it and I had a lot of fun. Not sure if I'll do the whole 25 days again next year, but you can always count on me for ridiculous dog photos, especially around the holidays! 

Hope everyone's holiday season was better than mine! 


Comments

Popular Posts