25 Days of Dogmas: Part 1

This is not a Goose-heavy post, but it's the holidays and it's fun to share seasonal photos. If any of you follow me on instagram (@lyssabd) you'll have seen these already, but in the spirit of having something to blog about, here we go! 

Every year, I take a lot of ridiculous Christmas-themed dog photos. Usually I do some with Goose as well, but the dogs really take the cake. It was the end of November and I was dreaming up what I could do this year when it occurred to me that I should do "25 Days of Dogmas" which I literally made up, it's not a thing. But I committed to it, so for each day of December leading up to Christmas, I've been posting some sort of ridiculous dog photo. Some are better than others, but all of them make me smile. Here are the first 12, I'll post the remainder as we head to Christmas! 

December 1

Sweet Penny! My grandfather was Santa himself so Penny was already used to being dressed up and staged for Christmas photos! 


December 2

Possibly my favorite picture. Franny is so good and totally up for anything I ask of her. 


December 3


I tried to get the labs to hole the spoon (they know "hold it") but Penny was the only one who would actually hold it! 

Zuzu would totally be the frantic hostess freaking out the roast isn't going to be done on time. 

December 4

Lori and I had our annual Christmas Party which consists of four humans and five dogs. This was posted as a video to Instagram with "Puppies are Forever" by Sia playing, and it was very cute. Since blogger eats videos, enjoy this photo. 


December 5

Zuzu was thoroughly exhausted after wrapping all the presents this year...


December 6

...including Fran! I cannot with this dog, she is so stinking good no matter what I ask of her. 


December 7

I captioned this one, "If Grandpa was Santa, Penny was his elf". Love this sweet girl. 


December 8 

Classic wreath photo! Zuzu always looks so regal. 

Penny actually wanted to murder me but she'd just gotten groomed and was super cute. This was the only one where she didn't have her full murder face on.

Sigh, she's just so pretty. 


December 9

One must always sample the cocktails offered at one's cocktail pawty.

She cracks me up.


December 10

I had visions of this turning out better and I might still redo it but they're cute anyway. The lighting is super hard to get right in this spot of my house but they're the best for sitting like this. 


December 11

Christmas movie night picks: Zuzu, It's a Wonderful Life, Franny, Elf, Penny, The Grinch


December 12

I am beyond proud of these two. It was windy and cold out and I pulled Goose out of the field, cleaned him up, and threw Franny aboard and he didn't bat an eye. Franny, to her credit, sat on his safely and happily for five minutes without any complaints. I adore these photos! 

We've gone from concrete to swamp as noted in the background, but focus on the cuties in the foreground. I'd wanted to take these in the front field but it was SO windy I didn't want to try my luck. Plus, up here I could stand on the picnic table to put Fran on Goose. GOOD BOYS AND GIRLS! 

These have been a ridiculous amount of fun to do, even if I am labeled the crazy dog lady. Hope you enjoy, and if you have any other crazy ideas of things I should try, let me know! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts