Be Back Soon



I've started and stopped several blog posts lately. I just don't have it in me to write at the moment. There's been a lot going on, so for sake of continuity, here's a brief update.

We lost my grandfather on July 16th. It was fairly sudden and unexpected, so I went home to NJ for over a week to be with my family.

For this reason, among others, I'm in a bit of a funk and am trying to take a hiatus from social media other than dog and horse pictures (because those are something I cannot live without). The internet has a way of pissing me off about everything that is wrong in the world, and I just don't need it right now.

Goose has pretty much had it easy for the past month. It's hot as hell and I don't have the motivation to ride in this heat, so we've been doing a lot of bareback walking and he is certainly not complaining about the light workload. North Carolina is also doing this super fun thing where it's bright and sunny (and HOT) all day, and then thunderstorms as soon as I head to the barn after work. Overall, however, Goose is my happy place and has been a wonderful therapist. I so love this barn; it's quickly becoming the best part of my life (as it should be). As for the melanoma, I'll write a full update soon, promise. Not much to report and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet.

Zuzu is her lovely, bouncy self and has been on a bunch of adventures lately, mostly involving swimming in various bodies of water.

In short, that's all I've got for now. I'll be back with some more regular posts soon.

The most kissable nose




Comments

  1. I'm on a bit of a hiatus myself but still keeping an eye on your adventures through social media ;) I'm sorry about your grandpa *hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a break is needed. Hope you're doing well, I've been keeping track of your pics and adventures too! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hugs!! Kiss the animals and enjoy some easy time to yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts